Thursday, January 20, 2011

Snow or no snow...

Don't let the powder scare you off...Elite is open today despite the snow.  While the roads are covered it might be a good day to schedule that bike fit you've been wanting to have done or come look over our sale '10 bikes.  On that note, stay tuned in the coming days/weeks for exciting news for the shop on a couple different fronts.  I can't say more than that right now but there are some cool things happening for the shop right now.  We will keep you all posted...

In other old news, snow bikes are rad!  Check out the new wave of cool bikes made to conquer the snow and other situations:

Surly makes the Pugsley.  Having ridden one I must say I was impressed by how snappy the bike felt considering the massive tires and otherwise sluggish looks.  Like all things Surly, the bike uses a 4130 CroMoly steel frame and is available as a frame or complete bike.  A white snow bike...now that's cool!


Image courtesy of bikejournal.com
Pictured above is the bike I am really stoked about.  Being a huge fan of cold weather, snow, and riding through it, I was particularly excited to hear Salsa jump into the same market as the Pugsley.  To make things better, Salsa decided to use a 6061 double butted aluminum frame to keep weight down and appease the folks who fear using steel in inclement weather.  While I'm a steel junky myself I'm excited at the use of aluminum in this frame to give consumers a different option from the Pugsley.  Salsa utilizes its new "north woods" (I came up with that myself!) graphics scheme that goes along with their "adventure by bike" mission statement.  If the snow leaves your yearning for adventure (by bike!) check out the options from Salsa and Surly!

No comments:

Post a Comment